Data Center Operations
Once considered the showcase of IT, datacenters are now perceived as operational boat anchors – considered a purgatory by IT professionals and a CAPEX money pit by the CFO and finance. The recent economic downturn and ensuing recession are to blame for this. In an effort to cut costs anywhere, executive management eventually turned their sights to IT and the glass house and told the CIO to find a more cost effective approach to support the business. In this regard, outsourcing has been a logical alternative. iGate offers traditional professional services such as those depicted along with mature processes and methodologies that leverage its global delivery model to both drive down support costs for its customers while delivering against SLAs.
Click here to view enlarged image.
Today, we deliver these services in the context of a consulting engagement which take clients through an assessment exercise designed to align IT operations with business requirements that results is a more holistic view of IT resources. These are then further optimized using state of the art transformation approaches such as cloud computing, virtualization, legacy modernization and master data management which delivers resources on demand at significantly lower costs – which for some customers can reach as high as 70% depending on the size of their data center and assets involved.
Server monitoring and reporting – covers all operational parameters done onsite or remotely with tools that provide utilization, performance and availability reports.
Administration and troubleshooting of servers/ services – includes all aspects of relevant ITIL processes
Install/ upgrade/ patching of servers – covering a broad range of operating systems includes full system backup after an initial installation
Server security & hardening - highly customized capabilities, updated as threats evolve to ensure that critical resources have up-to-date patches and are able to defend against known vulnerabilities
Backup, recovery and job scheduling – this includes full, incremental or cumulative approaches covering clients, servers and storage units.
- Network Monitoring and Reporting – goes beyond 24x7 monitoring to include proactive problem identification and resolution of a enterprise IT environment, historical trend information and up-to-date performance snapshots.
- Administration and troubleshooting of devices & services - Automated procedures and analytics identify and fix potential problems before performance is affected.
- Install/ upgrade/ patching of devices - including all associated administrative services such as adds, moves and changes
- Network security and hardening - approaches include the use of the latest standard IPS/IDS devices to monitor all network end points
- Configuration and backup management – including service restoration, image maintenance and rollbacks.
All listed capabilities support a range of deployment models including RAID, SAN, Virtualization and cloud.
- Storage monitoring and reporting – covers all operational parameters done onsite or remotely with tools that provide utilization, performance and availability of all storage resources.
- Administration and troubleshooting - includes automated operations and analytics based on thresholds and triggered events
- Install/ upgrade/ patching - including all associated administrative services such as adds, moves and changes
- Security & hardening - covers the removal of vulnerable and unnecessary services, patching security holes, and securing access controls.
- Configuration and backup management – including cloud based and deduplication approaches.